Welcome aboard!

Sproutoff is a group of gardeners ranging from commercial growers and landscape architects to hobbyists and propigation and greenhouse tinkerers. Our mix is diverse.

Our passions range from composting to hostas to fighting invasives. We are a balance of organic and chemical gardeners with views on both sides.

Please, visit our forums at forums.delphiforums.com/sproutoff/? for a wealth of gardening information.



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden art

Art in the garden is a very personal thing! It is a reflection of your personal taste, your tolerance for moving things while mowing, and maybe your penchant for order or chaos!

Some folks may prefer more formal decorations and hardscapes as their art, but I like a mix of things.  I have things hanging, sitting, tucked and laying all over the place.  This is over and above my container gardens, which is a whole different story.  A garden is such an individual project, it is always interesting to look at the work of other's for inspiration and consideration!

This thread at the Sprout-off website has a variety of garden art opinions and ideas.  

Here are some examples of my garden art, which is wildly varied.   


I have some original art that I have constructed over the last several years, I have several concrete mosaic sculptures of various sizes and sorts.  

Lola- 6 foot tall sculpture


face pot
Butterfly chair- my throne!  :)  Needs to be moved off deck


Garden bench- not it's final resting place
I also appreciate the art of other people and enjoy having it in my garden.

Repurposed farm part
Lovely glass

I consider this guy to be my overgrown lawn ornament!!  


I have a theme throughout my gardens- suns!









I have some repurposed/recycled/junk items that if placed appropriately doubles as garden art!


containers
I have a few more pix to post on this, but blogger was causing me issues on my last 2 photos!  

What kind of things do you enjoy seeing in your garden, or others!  Please leave a link to your garden photos if you have them!

Until next time!!
Debio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!